Email Id: [email protected]
Dhiraj Kumar Nanda is currently working as an Assistant Professor in School of Biological Sciences. He has completed his MSc in Biotechnology from Visva-Bharati Central University in 2005. After MSc he worked as faculty of Biotechnology at Ranchi University up to 2007. Further he shifted to research and worked as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Central Tasar Research and Training Institute, Ranchi where he carried out research on tropical tasar silkworm. Then he moved to Karnal, Haryana and worked as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and completed his PhD research work on molecular characterization of lactic acid bacterial in indigenous dairy products from ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal and was awarded with PhD in Biotechnology from Deenbandhu Chotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal, Haryana in 2016. He gained research experience in the field of Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Dairy Microbiology, Bioinformatics and Nanotechnology. Prior to joining AIPH University he was working as a Postdoctoral Fellow at ICAR-NDRI. He has published a number of research articles in peer reviewed journals and has presented his work in various International and National conferences. He has also submitted more than 100 nucleotide sequences at NCBI GenBank database. Besides degree in biotechnology he also holds PG Diploma in Clinical Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology from Utkal University and PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights from Indira Gandhi National Open University. He has worked in managing IPR and commercialization of technologies developed at ICAR-NDRI. He has qualified ICAR-NET in Agriculture Biotechnology. He is a Lifetime member of The Association of microbiologist of India.
- Gahlaut Jyoti, Rajput Y.S., Meena Sunita, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Sharma Rajan (2017) Spectrophotometric Label-Free Determination of Lead using Thiol Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles. Analytical Letters. doi:10.1080/00032719.2017.1373285. (Impact Factor: 1.150)
- Pophaly Sarang Dilip, Poonam, Pophaly Saurabh Dilip, Kapila Suman, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Tomar Sudhir Kumar and Singh Ramheswar, (2017) Glutathione biosynthesis and activity of glutathione dependent enzymes in selected food grade lactic acid bacteria. Journal of Applied Microbiology. DOI: 10.1111/jam.13471. (Impact Factor: 2.156)
- Chaudhary Reeti, Malik Mansi, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar and Sindhu Anil (2016) Molecular analysis of Ganoderma lucidumcollected from Haryana. International Journal of Microbial Resource Technology 3 (1). (Impact Factor: 0.765)
- Thakur K, Kumar N, Nanda DK and Tomar SK (2015) Phenotypic and Genotypic Characterization of Indigenous Lactobacillus Species from Diverse Niches of India. Current Trends in Biotechnology & Pharmacy9 (3) 222-227.
- Nanda DK, Chaudhary R, Singh KV and Kumar D (2014) Biodiversity of Lactobacillus from traditional Indian Cow milk Churpi cheese. Journal of Innovative Biology 1 (3)168-174.
- Anbukkarasi K, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Uma Maheswari T, Hemalatha T, Singh Prashant, and Singh Rameshwar (2014) Assessment of expression of Leloir pathway genes in wild type galactose fermenting Streptococcus thermophilus by real time PCR. European Food Research and Technology 239(5) 895-903. (Impact Factor: 1.387)
- Kaliyaperumal Anbukkarasi, Thiyagamoorthy Uma Maheswari, Thiagarajan Hemalatha, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Singh Prashant and Singh Rameshwar (2014) Development of low galactose yogurt using wild galactose fermenting Streptococcus thermophilus strains. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 51(9) 2183-2189. (Impact Factor: 2.024)
- Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Singh Rameshwar, Tomar S K, Dash S K, Jayakumar S, Arora Dilip K, Chaudhary Reeti and Kumar Dinesh (2013) Indian Chilika curd – A potential dairy product for geographical indication registration. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge12 (4) 707-713.(Impact Factor: 0.438)
- Anbukkarasi K, Uma Maheswari T, Hemalatha T, Nanda Dhiraj Kumar, Singh Prashant, Rashmi HM and Singh Rameshwar (2013) Production of low browning Mozzarella cheese: Screening and characterization of wild galactose fermenting Streptococcus thermophilus strains. International Journal of Advanced Research 1 (5) 83-96. (Impact Factor:6.118)
- Sandhu Simranjeet, Oberoi Harinder, Babbar Neha, Miglani Kanupriya, Chadha B, Nanda Dhiraj (2013) Two- stage statistical medium optimization for augmented cellulase production via solid-state fermentation by newly isolated Aspergillus niger HN-1 and application of crude cellulase consortium in hydrolysis of rice straw. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry61 (51) 12653-12661. (Impact Factor: 3.107)
- Nanda Dhiraj K, Tomar Sudhir K, Singh Rameshwar, Mal Gorakh, Singh Prashant, Arora Dilip K, Joshi BK, Chaudhary Reeti and Kumar Dinesh (2011) Phenotypic and genotypic characterisation of Lactobacilli isolated from camel cheese produced in India. International Journal of Dairy Technology 64(3) 437-443. (Impact Factor: 1.099)
- Sandhu Simanjeet Kaur, Oberoi Harinder Singh, Dhaliwal Sandeep Singh, Babbar Neha, Kaur Ujjal, Nanda Dhiraj and Kumar Dinesh (2011) Ethanol production from Kinnow mandarin (Citrus reticulata) peels via simultaneous saccharification and fermentation using crude enzyme produced by Aspergillus oryzae and the thermotolerant Pichia kudriavzevii strain. Annals of Microbiology 62(2)655-666. (Impact Factor: 1.039)
- Dhaliwal Sandeep Singh, Oberoi Harinder Singh, Sandhu Simranjeet Kaur, Nanda Dhiraj, Kumar Dinesh and Uppal Satinder Kaur (2011) Enhanced ethanol production from sugarcane juice by galactose adaptation of a newly isolated thermotolerant strain of Pichia kudriavzevii. Bioresource Technology 102 (10) 5968–5975. (Impact Factor: 5.039)
- Prashant, Gour D. S., Dubey P. P., Jain A., Nanda D. K., Joshi B. K. and Dinesh Kumar (2009) Complete nucleotide sequencing, SNP identification and characterization of SRY gene in Indian Sangamneri goat. African Journal of Biotechnology 8 (13) 2939-2942. (Impact Factor: 0.57).
- Nanda D. K., Chaudhary R. and Kumar D. (2017) Molecular Approaches for Identification of Lactobacilli from Traditional Dairy Products. Advances in Animal Biotechnology and its Applications, Volume Editor(s): S.K. Gahlawat, J.S. Duhan, R.K. Salar, P. Siwach, S. Kumar, P. Kaur. (Springer)
Selected Papers in conference proceedings
- Dhiraj Kumar Nanda, Reeti Chaudhary and Dinesh Kumar (2017). Metagenomics: A blending science between Microbiology and Computer Science. In MANTHAN 2017: 2nd National Conference on Recent Trends In Computing And Communication Technologies (RCCT - 2017) organized at DCRUST Murthal, Haryana, India on 2-3 March 2017.
- Reeti Chaudhary, Dhiraj Kumar Nanda and Shilpa Dahiya (2017). Computational approaches for predicting protein-protein interaction. In MANTHAN 2017: 2nd National Conference on Recent Trends In Computing And Communication Technologies (RCCT - 2017) organized at DCRUST Murthal, Haryana, India on 2-3 March 2017.
- Dhiraj Kumar Nanda, Reeti Chaudhary, and Dinesh Kumar (2016). Bioinformatics a novel tool for identification of Lactobacillus from Indian dairy foods. In MANTHAN 2016: National Conference on Recent Trends in Computing and Communication Technology (RCCT 2016) organized at Computer Science and Engineering Department, DCRUST Murthal, Haryana, India on 29-30 September 2016.
- Dhiraj Kumar Nanda, Reeti Chaudhary, and Dinesh Kumar (2015). Bioinformatics: A tool for Microbial Identification. In the 2nd National conference on “Machine Intelligence and Research Advancement” (NCMIRA-2015) organized at BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur-Kalan, Haryana, India on 19-20 march 2015.
For Further Information
Email: [email protected]
Call: +91-7205074656 / 9938213237
2934 Nageswar Tangi
Bhubaneswar-Cuttack NH 5
1001 Haridamada, Jatani
Near IIT Bhubaneswar