Jyoti R Rout, PhD, FSPP
Tel :+91 0674-6574656
Dr. Rout is presently working as an Assistant Professor in Asian Institute of Public Health (AIPH). Prior to joining he has worked as Assistant Professor and Head in P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Academy of Management and Information Technology, Bhubaneswar. He did his MSc degree in Biotechnology from North Orissa University in the year 2005. After completion of his master degree, he is engaged in industry like Saveer Biotech Limited, New Delhi and CloneGen Biotech Limited, Noida. Then actively engaged in research in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and awarded his Ph.D. (Biotechnology) from Utkal University, in the year 2014. His area of specialization is molecular mechanism of abiotic stress tolerance, anti-oxidative defence mechanism, phytochemical and elemental analysis related to public health and environment. .
- S. Panda, J.R. Rout, P. Pati, M.R. Ranjit and S.L. Sahoo (2017). Antimalarial activity of Artemisia nilagirica against Plasmodium falciparum. Journal of Parasitic Diseases. Springer-India (IF=0.56).
- J.R. Rout, S.S. Ram, S.L. R. Das, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan and S.L. Sahoo (2016). Changes in antioxidant enzyme activities and elemental profiling of Abutilum indicum L. subjected to copper stress. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences 87(4):1469–1478. Springer-India (IF=0.39).
- J.R. Rout, R.G. Kerry, L. Dash, S.R. Nayak and S.L. Sahoo (2017). Anatomical and biochemical aspects of Thevetia peruviana L.: a commonly planted roadside tropical shrub of Bhubaneswar, Odisha. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 9(5): 51-59. Innovare Academic Sciences-India (IF=0.51).
- J.R.Rout, S. Behera, N. Keshari, S.S. Ram, S. Bhar, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan and S.L. Sahoo (2015). Effect of iron stress on Withania somnifera L.: antioxidant enzyme response and nutrient elemental uptake of in vitro grown plants. Ecotoxicology 24(2): 401-413. Springer-Netherlands (IF=2.57).
- J.R.Rout and S.L. Sahoo (2013). Antioxidant enzyme gene expression in response to copper stress in Withania somnifera L. Plant Growth Regulation 71(1): 95–99. Springer-Netherlands (IF=2.64).
- J.R.Rout, S.S. Ram, R. Das, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan and S.L. Sahoo (2013). Copper-stress induced alterations in protein profile and antioxidant enzymes activities in the in vitro grown Withania somnifera L. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 19(3):353–361. Springer-India (IF=1.35).
- B.K. Sethi, J.R. Rout, R. Das, P.K. Nanda and S.L. Sahoo (2013). Lipase production by Aspergillus terreus using mustard seed oil cake as a carbon source. Annals of Microbiology 63:241–252. Springer-Germany (IF=1.23).
- S. Kanungo, J.R. Rout and S.L. Sahoo (2013). Evaluation of antioxidant enzyme activities in two ecotypes of Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal. Iranian Journal of Biotechnology 11(4): 260-264. Iran (IF=0.7).
- J.R.Rout and S.L. Sahoo (2013). In vitro micropropagation and antioxidant enzymes activities of Elephantopus scaber L. Asia Pacific Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 21 (2): 59-66. Malaysia (IF=0.48).
- J.R. Rout, S.L. Sahoo and R. Das (2011). An attempt to conserve Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal - a highly essential medicinal plant, through in vitro callus culture. Pakistan Journal of Botany 43(4): 1837–1842. Pakistan (IF=1.37).
- J.R. Rout, M. Mishra, R. Das and S.L. Sahoo (2009). In vitro micropropagation of Abutilon indicum L., through leaf explants. Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology19(2): 177–184. Bangladesh (IF=0.4).