☰ MENU Search
Tel No: +91 7504428658
Email Id: [email protected]
Email Id: [email protected]
Dr. Shidharth Sankar Ram received his M.Sc. degree in Botany from Utkal University in 2005, and Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences from Calcutta University in 2014. Part of PhD was completed under split-site PhD fellowship (Commonwealth- Scholarship) at University of Cambridge, UK. Dr. Ram then moved to Taiwan as a Postdoctoral Research fellow to work at National Central University (2015) with Prof. C-T, Lee. Then he returned to India to join as a Postdoctoral Research fellow (2015-2017) and NPDF (2017-2019) at Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar. Dr. Ram joined as Assistant Professor (Contractual) at the AIPH University in 2019 (Sep-Dec.). He has produced over 25 peer-reviewed publications, and presented his work in 10+ International conferences. Dr. has received several young researcher awards (international). His research interest is in sustainable approach to environmental health with special reference to plant-soil-air-water and development of techniques for climate change mitigation.
- Proton Induced X-Ray analysis of soil and water samples from chromite mine environment of Sukinda, Odisha for determination of toxic metal ion contamination. (2019) S. Das, S. S. Ram, M. Sdarshan, A. Chakraborty and H. N. Thatoi. J. of Applied Spectroscopy. 86(2):270-275. ISSN No.1573-8647. SCI Impact Factor: 0.611
- Elemental geochemistry in acid sulphate soils - A case study from reclaimed islands of Indian Sundarban. (2019). S Ghosh, M Bakshi, S. Mitra, S. Mahanty, S S Ram, S. Banerjee, A Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan, S Bhattacharyya, P Chaudhuri. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 138:501 – 510. ISSN No. 0025-326X. SCI Impact Factor: 3.241
- Biochemical, molecular, and elemental profiling of Withania somnifera L. with response to zinc stress. (2018) Rout JR, Kerry RG, Panigrahi D, Sahoo SL, Pradhan C, Ram SS, Chakraborty A, Sudarshan M. Environ Sci Pollut Res. doi: 10.1007/s11356-018-3926-6. ISSN No. 1614-7499. SCI Impact Factor: 2.80
- Assessment of trace metal contamination of wetland sediments from eastern and western coastal region of India dominated with mangrove forest. (2018). S.S.Ram, A. Aich, P. Sengupta, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Chemosphere. 211:1113-1122. ISSN No. 0045-6535. SCI Impact Factor: 4.427
- Sediment quality, elemental bioaccumulation and antimicrobial properties of mangroves of Indian Sundarban. (2018) Madhurima Bakshi, Somdeep Ghosh; S. S. Ram; M. Sudarshan; Anindita Chakraborty; Jayanta Biswas; Sabry M. Shaheen; Nabeel Khan Niazi; Jörg Rinklebe; Punarbasu Chaudhuri. Environ Geochem Health (In Press) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-018-0145-5. ISSN No. 1573-2983. SCI Impact Factor: 2.994
- PIXE-based detection of elemental accumulation during direct organogenesis in Blepharispermum subsessile DC.: An endangered medicinal plant of Odisha, India. (2017). P. Nayak, S. S. Ram, C. Kalidass. X-Ray Spectrometry 46 (6):529-536. ISSN No. 1097-4539. SCI Impact Factor: 1.298
- Ion beam radiation effects on natural Halite crystals. (2017). T Arun, S S Ram, B Karthikeyan; P Ranjith, D K Ray, Bibhu Rout, J B M Krishna, Pranesh Sengupta, Satyam V Parlapalli. NIMB. 496:216-220. ISSN No 0168-583X.. SCI Impact Factor: 1.389
- Micro spatial variation of elemental distribution in estuarine sediment and their accumulation in mangroves of Indian Sundarban. (2017). M Bakshi, S. S. Ram, S Ghosh, A Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan, P Chaudhuri. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 189:221-236. ISSN No. 1573-2959. SCI Impact Factor: 1.687
- Vertical and horizontal variation of elemental contamination in sediments of Hooghly estuary, India. (2016). S Ghosh, S. S. Ram, M Bakshi, M. Sudarshan, P Chaudhuri. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 109:539-549. 0025-326X. SCI Impact Factor: 3.146
- Changes in antioxidant enzyme activities and elemental profiling of Abutilon indicum L. subjected to copper stress. (2016). J R Rout, S L Sahoo, R. Das, S S Ram, A Chakraborty, M Sudarshan. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. 87(4):1469–1478. ISSN No. 0369-8211. SCI Impact Factor: 0.396
- Comprehensive PM2.5 organic molecular composition and stable carbon isotope ratios of biomass burning smoke at Sonla, Vietnam: Fingerprint of biomass burning components. (2016). D L Nguyen, K Kawamura, K Ono, S S Ram, G Engling, C-T Lee, N-H Lin, S-C Chang, M-T Chuang, T-C Hsiao, G-R Sheu, C-F O Yang, K H Chi, S-A Sun. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. 16: 2618–2634. ISSN No. 1680-8584. SCI Impact Factor: 2.606
- Aerosol chemical profile of near-source biomass burning smoke at Sonla, Vietnam during 7-SEAS campaigns in 2012 and 2013. (2016). C-T Lee, S S Ram, D L Nguyen, C C.-K. Chou, S-Y Chang, N-H Lin, S-C Chang, T-C Hsiao, G-R Sheu, C-F O Yang, K H Chi, S-H Wang, X-C Wu. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. 16: 2603–2617. ISSN No. 1680-8584. SCI Impact Factor: 2.606
- A review on air pollution monitoring and management using plants with special reference to foliar dust adsorption and physiological stress responses. (2015). S.S.Ram, S.Majumder, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. 45 (23):2489-2522. ISSN No. 1547-6537. SCI Impact Factor: 4.000
- Effect of iron stress on Withania somnifera L.: antioxidant enzyme response and nutrient elemental uptake of in vitro grown plants. (2015) J R Rout, S Behera, N Keshari, S S Ram, Subhajit Bhar, Anindita Chakraborty, Mathummal Sudarshan, Jagneshwar Dandapat and Santi Lata Sahoo. Ecotoxicology, 24:401–413. ISSN No. 1573-3017. SCI Impact Factor: 2.706
- Plant canopies as trap for re-suspended dust particulates contaminated with heavy metals. (2014) S.S.Ram, S.Majumder, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, P.K. Maiti, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change.19(5) :499-508. ISSN No. 1573-1596. SCI Impact Factor: 2.669
- Nuclear microscopy for air-pollutant characterization and its advantages over traditional techniques. (2014) S.S.Ram, R.V. Kumar, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, M. Deary, M.Sudarshan, A. Chakraborty. J. of Applied Spectroscopy. 81: 146-151. ISSN No.1573-8647. SCI Impact Factor: 0.467
- Physico-chemical characterization of street dust and re-suspended dust on plant canopies: an approach for finger printing urban environment. (2014) S.S.Ram, R. V. Kumar, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, M.Sudarshan, A. Chakraborty. Ecological Indicators, 36:334-338. ISSN No.1470-160X. SCI Impact Factor: 3.444
- Applications of EDXRF and INAA techniques for studying impact of industries to the environment. (2014). R. K. Dutta, S. Sarkar, S. S. Ram, M. Sudarshan, R. Acharya, A. V. R. Reddy. J Radioanal Nucl Chem. 302:1519–1523. ISSN No. 1588-2780. SCI Impact Factor: 1.034
- A study on soil physico-chemical, microbial and metal content in Sukinda chromite mine of Odisha, India. (2013) S. Das, S. S. Ram, H. K. Sahu, D. S. Rao, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan, H. N. Thatoi. Environmental Earth Sciences. 69 (8):2487-2497. ISSN No. 1866-6299. SCI Impact Factor:1.450
- Physiological and chemical response of epiphytic lichen, Parmelia caperata, to the urban environment of Kolkata, India. (2013) S. Majumder, D. Mishra, S. S. Ram, N. K. Jana, S. Santra, M. Sudarshan, A. Chakraborty. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 20:3077–3085. ISSN No. 1614-7499. SCI Impact Factor: 2.760
- Effects of Re-Suspended Dust on the Phyloplane Microflora of Polyalthia longifolia. (2013) S.S.Ram, R.V.Kumar, S.Majumder, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, P.K. Maiti, U.K. Mukhopadhyay, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Asian Journal of Water Environment and Pollution. 10(3) 63–69. ISSN No. 1875-8568. SCI Impact Factor: N/A
- Copper-stress induced alterations in protein profile and antioxidant enzymes activities in the in vitro grown Withania somnifera L. Jyoti R. Rout, Shidharth S. Ram, Ritarani Das, Anindita Chakraborty, Mathummal Sudarshan, Santi L. Sahoo. (2013) Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants. 19(3):353–361. ISSN No. 0974-0430. SCI Impact Factor: 1.151
- SEMEDS: An important tool for air pollution bio-monitoring. (2012) S.S.Ram, S.Majumder, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, P.K.Maiti, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Micron 43: 490–493. ISSN No. 0968-4328. SCI Impact Factor: 1.880
- Energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence – A tool for interdisciplinary research. (2011) M Sudarshan, S S Ram, S Majumdar, J P Maity, J G Ray and A Chakraborty. Pramana – J. Phys., 76(2):241-247. ISSN No. 0973-7111. SCI Impact Factor: 0.560
- Correlation of Trace elemental profiles in Blood Samples of Indian Patients with Leukoplakia and Oral Submucous Fibrosis. (2011) J G Ray, Ranjan Ghosh, Debarati Mallick, Niharika Swain, Premdeep Gandhi, S S Ram, S Selvaraj, A Rathore, M Sudarshan and Anindita Chakraborty. Biological Trace Element Research. 144:295–305. ISSN No. 1559-0720. SCI Impact Factor:1.920
- Characterization of dust particulates deposited on plant leaf surfaces using EDXRF: An approach for pollution monitoring. (2010) S.S.Ram, S.Majumder, P.Chaudhuri, S.Chanda, S.Santra, A. Chakraborty, M.Sudarshan. Int. J. Env. Sci. 1 (2): 233-238. ISSN No. 0976-4534. SCI Impact Factor: N/A
- Physiological responses of water hyacinth to water pollution in and around Kolkata. Shidharth Sankar Ram, Anindita Chakraborty, Santilata Sahoo. Int.J.Env.Sci. (2010)1(2):183-188. ISSN No. 0976-4534. SCI Impact Factor: N/A
- Accumulation of minor and trace elements in lichens in and around kolkata, India: an applicaion of X-ray fluorescence techniques to air pollution monitoring. (2009) S. Majumder, S.S.Ram, N.K.Jana, S. Santra, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan. X-ray Spectrometry. 38:469-473. ISSN No. 1097-4539. SCI Impact Factor: 1.550
- Financial Support by ICTP, Trieste and IAEA to attend the joint ICTP-IAEA Advanced Workshop July 2019, ICTP, Triesty, Italy.
- CSIR-International Travel Support to attend and present research work at 14TH International Conference on the Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements (ICOBTE 2017), 16-20 July, 2017, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Financial Support by ICTP, Trieste and IAEA to attend the joint ICTP-IAEA Advanced Workshop on High Sensitivity 2D &3D Characterization and Imaging with Ion Beams, September 26-30, 2016, ICTP, Triesty, Italy.
- International travel support (SERB-DST) to attend and deliver oral presentation at ICHMET-2016, Ghent, Belgium.
- Young Scientist Award by organizers of ESTIEH 2014, VSU, Nellore, India.
- American Alumni Grant 2012 St Edmund’s College, University of Cambridge, for Academic Visit to USA Institutes
- Young Researcher Bursary Award by organizers of EXRS 2012, Vienna, Austria
- Young Researcher Award by organizers of Air Quality 2012, Athens, Greece
- Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholar 2011-12, University of Cambridge, UK
- Commonwealth Split-Site PhD Scholar, UK 2011-12 at University of Cambridge, UK
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi