4-Year full time Bachelor of Optometry program at AIPH University focused on providing integrated inputs which help to develop a high degree of conceptual skills, analytical skills and quality technical knowledge base among future Optometrists and prepares them for bright future in the Eye care Industry. Optometry is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as an independent profession through its ongoing official relations with the World Council of Optometry (WCO), the international optometric organization which represents almost 300,000 optometrists from 87 member organizations in 47 countries.
Optometry as a profession has the primary public health responsibility for eliminating uncorrected refractive error. To provide excellent vision care to all the people of the country, India needs 116,000 optometrists. India currently has approximately 9,000 4-year trained optometrists and an estimated 30,000 2-year trained eye care personnel.
This is a dynamic and challenging career, which allows one to help people, achieve personal growth, community respect, job flexibility and financial success and offers virtually unlimited opportunities. The training will enable a student to become a competent person in providing service as an Optician, Optometrist, Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant to the community in urban, semi-urban and rural settings in private and government healthcare organisations.
- Corporate sector
- Private practice
- Work for an optical chain or under an optical store
- Public health
- Eye care hospitals & institutions
- Education sector
- Scientific research
- Basic research and integrated professional areas
- A student shall be eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor of Optometry (B.Optom) course If He/she has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Science with Min. pass marks (50%) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and or Mathematics from a Recognized board of the country.
- Students appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. They are required to submit their qualifying examination certificate at the time of final admission.
- While fillig up the online application form the students who are appearing in the final qualifying examination, may give the marks of the last examination (Class XI or equivalent) for which the result has been published.
- The selection of the eligible candidates for admission to B.Optom program may be based on career marks and followed by an entrance examinations.
Duration of the course: The B Optom undergraduate degree program is of four years duration (3+1) including one year of compulsory internship.
Duration of the course: 4 (3+1) years or 8 (6+2) semesters.
One time Admission Fees Rs. 10000/-
B.Optom is a full time 4 years course including one year of compulsory internship- Bachelors degree level
Selection is based on the academic credentials and performance in the Common Entrance Test
For further queries please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 7205074656 / 9938213237
|Online Application fees is Rs. 500/- (For SC/ST Application fees is Rs. 300/-)|
|Instruction for online application|
|Step-I: Make payment by clicking on the link given in the admission form|
|Step-II: Fill the form|
|Step-III: Upload the documents|
|a) Scanned Photograph: (File size not more than 100KB)|
|b) Scanned Signature: (File size not more than 50KB)|
|c) Scanned Last Educational Mark Sheet: (File size not more than 200KB)|
|d) Payment Receipt|
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi