Email Id: [email protected]
Prof. (Dr.) Jyotirmaya Mahapatra did M.S. in Business Administration from State University, Fort Hays, KANSAS, USA and Ph.D in Management from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. He started his career with COAL INDIA LIMITED as a Management Trainee and served for 17 years in various capacities and went on to head the HRD department. (1976-93. During his service in Coal India, he served as adjunct faculty at BIT, Mesra and Xavier Institute of Social Science, Ranchi. He joined Sambalpur University as founder Professor and Head Department of Business Administration in 1993 and served for 16 years, during which he was Chairman, P.G. Council (Pro-Vice Chancellor) in 2007-2008, Chairman regulation Committee, Equivalent committee, Board of Studies, Warden of Hostels, Director, University Guidance and Information Bureau and Member of Syndicate. He served as Centre Head, ICFAI University, Bhubaneswar (2004-07), Dean Management Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan, Bhubaneswar (2009-10). He has served as Dean, Faculty of Management Sciences, Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar for 6 years (May2010-16) , Dean faculty of Management Sri Sri University (2016-18). He has produced 12 PhD scholars, authored of 2 books and has published about 70 widely acclaimed research papers in national and international journals to his credit. He has intensively conducted MDPs and rendered consultancy to the corporate houses like OMFED, LIC, Orissa Sponge Iron, HINDALCO, Coal India etc. He has been visiting Professor to the leading Business Schools and University Management Departments in India and abroad. He is in the Panel of Experts of AICTE and UGC.
- “Demand Assessment of Coal Consuming Units – A market survey of Orissa State”: Report submitted in 1979 to Coal India Ltd. Project was assigned by Branch Sales Office, Bhubaneswar.
- “Problems of Coal Distribution to Industrial Consumers – Five representative cases of Consumer Units.” 1985-87. Project was assigned by Central Coalfields Ltd.
- “Demand Assessment of Milk Products of South Orissa”. Report was submitted in May 1989. Project assigned by Orissa Milk Federation Limited (OMFED).
- “Rationalisation of Manpower Planning- Identification of Surplus Manpower of Central Coalfields Ltd.” Report Submitted in 1990.
- “Performance Appraised System” (Review of system of PAR through introduction of TAAD was implemented in Coal Industry) Project report was submitted in 1991.
- “Turnaround strategy in Coal Industry” Report submitted to Central Coalfields Ltd. In 1992.
Selected Publications (2010 Onwards)
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J. ; “Human resource development climate in Rourkela Steel Plant : A study;International Journal on Human Resource Management; 2012, ISSN: 2249-6874
- Kumar Dinesh & Mahapatra J.: Impact of HRD practices in creating Employee Satisfaction & Improving Customer service in Banks: International Journal of Research in Social Science; ISSN:2320-0294; 2013.
- Dash Srinibash , Mahapatra J. & Sahoo Dazline; “Performance Apprisal System and its Effect on Corporate Performance with special reference to Mahanadi Coal Fields Ltd.; International Journal of Human Resource Management; 2013, ISSN: 2319-4936
- Mahapatra J., Dash S. & Dash S.R.; “Perceived Quality of Care at District Level Government Hospitals: Explorations through quality assessment in the state of Odisha: The Research Network, 2013, ISSN: 0975-0517
- Dash Srinibash , Mahapatra J, Bhuyan Lipika Lipi; “A correlation of HRD Climate with Job Satrisfaction of Employees: An Empirical Investigation on MCL, Burla,Sambalpur, Odisha”;International Journal of Research in Business Management; Vol. 1;Issue 2;2013;pp:11-26
- Mahapatra. J., & Kumar Dinesh.: OCTAPACE Human Resource Development Culture Impact on Bank Performance, International Journal of Risk and contingency Management, IGI Publishing Hearshey, PA, USA, ISSN: 2160-9620, EISSN: 2160-9632, July-sept,2014.
- Dash Srinibash , Mahapatra J, Pal Bishnu Prasad; “Employee Perception of HRD Climate towards Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Study on Public and Private Industries in Odisha”;International Multidisciplinary Research Journal; Vol. 4;Issue 1;ISSN 2231-5063;2014;pp:1-11.
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J, “Employee Perception on “Role of HR for Creating and Managing Employer Branding” Toward its Brand: An Explorative Study” Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, ISSN: 0975-2854, Feb 2016. indexed in Scopus.
- Kumar Dinesh & Mahapatra J.: “Musings on Leadership: Lessons from The Great Hanuman” Vinimaya, Vol. XXXVI, No. 4, 2015-16.January – March 2016, ISSN No: 0970-8456, Publication of National Institute of Bank Management.
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J, “Strategies for sustainable competitive Advantages for Hotel Industries” An Explorative Study on selected Hotels.” International Journal of Advancement in Engineering Technology, Management & Applied Science, ISSN No: 2349-3224, Dec 2016.
- Kumar Dinesh, Bhuyan Manoranjan, Mahapatra J, “Mother way of HRD”, International Journal of Research in IT & Management (IJRIM), ISSN: 2231-4334, Dec. 2016, Thomson Reuters ID: L-5236- 2015.
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J.: “Globalization of Finance on Knowledge Management Practices in the Higher Educational Institutions: An Empirical study with a few selected Universities & colleges in Odisha.” International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IJRSS), ISSN No: 2249-2496, January 2017, Thomson Reuters Researcher ID: L-5180-2015.
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J, “Adopting the Training Practices for Effectiveness of Employee’s & Motivation: An Explorative Study of Indian Industries”, Jindal Journal of Business Research, ISSN: 0973-8703, January 2017 SAGE Publication, indexed in Scopus.
- Dash Sishir Ranjan, Mahapatra. J “Regionalization & Financial Integration of India with Southeast Asian Economies – A Co-integration Approach”,International Journal of Applied Business & Research (Scopus Indexed), Vol.15, April 2017, ISSN No: 0972-7302
- Satpathy Shyamali, Dash Sisir Ranjan, Mahapatra J “Understanding Motivational Variables of Employee Retention in Present Indian Scenario”, International Journal of Applied Business & Economic Research, Vol.15 Sept. 2017 (Indexed in Scopus).
- Dash Sisir Ranjan; Gahan Padmavati, Mahapatra J; Pradhan Bibuti B, “Evaluating Policy Impacts on International Financial Integration : A co-integration approach Journal ES PACIOS Vol 39, issue No. 6, (Published in Venejulia, Indexed in Scopus). Dec – 2017
- Samantaray Alaka, Mishra Umasankar, Das Jyoti Ranjan, Mahapatra Jyotirmaya : "Analyzing the Mediating Effect of Customer Satisfaction on the Relationship between Service Quality and Customer loyalty in Indian Organized Retail Sector" : - International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research. (ISSN – 0972-7309) Indexed in Scopus. Vol -15 November 2017.
- Dash Sisir Ranja, Gahan Padmavati, Mahapatra J, Pradhan Bibhuti B; “An Empirical Investigation on Weak form Financial Market Effeciency by application of Box-Jenkin Methods – The Case of India in Comparison with Selected Developed Economies; International Journal of Economic Research; Vol- IV Issue No 23, March 2018 (Scopus Indexed).
Selected Book and Book Chapters
- Dash Srinibash & Mahapatra J.; “A study on Implementation of strategies for Talent Retention in the Post Recession Period: Special reference to A few Indian Industries”; Economic Meltdown Challenges for the New Age Managers, Excel India, New Delhi, 2010, PP. 17-26.
- Nayak Bandana, Mahapatra J., Misra Surjya Kumar; “Economic Meltdown: Challenges for the New Age Managers”; Excel India, New Delhi; 2010
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J.; “Human Resource Development Practices: A New Perceptive for Steel Industry”; Kunal Books, New Delhi, 2014; ISBN: 978-93-82420-09-5.
- Dash Srinibash, Mahapatra J.; “Strategic Management Concept and Cases”; Accepted for publication by Mcamillan, New Delhi
- Mahapatra J. Sridevi. T., “Cross Cultural Marketing in Emerging Markets, Excel Book titled marketing in emerging markets, Excel Books, 2010.
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi