☰ MENU Search
Tel No: +91-7205074656
Email Id: [email protected]
Email Id: [email protected]
Dr Das is working in Disease Surveillance Laboratory, AIPH University since 2013. She did her doctoral thesis on “the role of Plasmodium falciparum Erythrocyte Membrane Protein-1 (PfEMP-1) and Histidine Rich Protein-II (PfHRP-II) in malaria exposed individuals” from International Centre of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi, India in 2002. She received her postdoctoral training at The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, USA (2002-2005) and Baylor College of Dentistry,Texas A&M Health Science Center Dallas, Texas, USA (2007-2011) respectively in the area of “Sepsis and Organ dysfunction”. Her current research activities focus on genetics and genomes particularly in the field of Sickle Cell disease and public health biotechnology. Her current research projects receive fundingfrom Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and SHARE consortium of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine as principal investigator.
- Torondel B, Sinha S, Mohanty JR, Swain T, Sahoo P, Panda B, Nayak A, Bara M, Bilung B, Cumming O, Panigrahi P, Das P (2018). Association between unhygienic menstrual management practices and prevalence of lower reproductive tract infections: a hospital-based cross-sectional study in Odisha, India. BMC Infect Dis. doi: 10.1186/s12879-018-3384-2
- Das P, Swain T, Mohanty JR, Sinha S, Padhi B, Torondel B, Cumming O, Panda B, Nayak A, Panigrahi P (2018). Higher vaginal pH in Trichomonas vaginalis infection with intermediate Nugent score in reproductive-age women-a hospital-based cross-sectional study in Odisha, India. Parasitol Res. doi: 10.1007/s00436-018-5962-z
- Baker KK, Padhi B, Torondel B, Das P, Dutta A, Sahoo KC, Das B, Dreibelbis R, Caruso B, Freeman MC, Sager L, Panigrahi P (2017).From menarche to menopause: A population-based assessment of water, sanitation, and hygiene risk factors for reproductive tract infection symptoms over life stages in rural girls and women in India. PLoS One. 5; 12(12):e0188234. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0188234
- Purohit P, Mohanty PK, Patel S, Das P, Panigrahi J, Das K (2017). Comparative study of clinical presentation and hematological indices in hospitalized sickle cell patients with severe Plasmodium falciparum malaria. J Infect Public Health. pii: S1876-0341(17)30234-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jiph.2017.08.013
- Purohit P, Mohanty PK, Patel S, Das P, Das K, Panigrahi J (2017): Association of CD40L gene polymorphism with severe Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Indian population. Journal of Vector Borne Diseases. 54:74–79.
- Purohit P, Patel S, Mohanty PK, Das P, Panigrahi J (2016): Fetal Hemoglobin Modifies the Disease Manifestation of Severe Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria in Adult Patients with Sickle Cell Anemia. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. 8 (1):e2016055.
- Patel DK, Mashon RS, Purohit P, Meher S, S Dehury, C Marndi, K Das, BK Kullu, S Patel, Das P (2015): Influence of sickle cell gene on the allelic diversity at the msp-1 locus of Plasmodium falciparum in adult patients with severe malaria. Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. 7(1): e2015050.
- Das P, Baker K, Dutta A, Swain T, Sahoo S, Panda B, Nayak A, Bara M, Bilung B, Misra P, Das BS, Panigrahi P, Torondel B (2015): WASH access and menstrual hygiene practices and the risk of vaginal and urinary infection in women from Odisha. PLoS One. 30;10 (6):e0130777.
- Patel S, Purohit P, Mashon RS, Dehury S, Meher S, Sahoo S, Dash SS, Das K, Das P, Patel DK (2014): The effect of Hydroxyurea on compound heterozygotes for Sickle cell-hemoglobin D-Punjab - A single centre experience in eastern India. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 61(8):1341-6.
- Patel DK, Purohit P, Dehury S, Das P, Dutta A, Meher S, Patel S, Bag S, Mason RS, Das K (2013): Fetal hemoglobin and alpha thalassemia modulate the phenotypic expression of HbSD-Punjab. Int J Lab Hematol. 36(4):444-50.
- Chopra M, Das P, Golden H, Dostal DE, Watson LE, Sharma AC (2010): Norepinephrine induces systolic failure and inhibits antiapoptotic genes in a polymicrobial septic rat model. Life Sci. 18, 87(23-26).
- Das P, Grewal JS and Chauhan VS (2010): Antibody and cellular immune response Plasmodium falciparum histidine rich protein II in malaria exposed individuals in Orissa, India. Trans Roy Soc Trop Med Hyg. 104(5): 371-3.
- Chopra M, Das P and Sharma AC (2010): Caspase-3 knockdown restores sepsis-induced adult rat ventricular myocyte contractile dysfunction. British Journal of Pharmacology. 160(1): 93-100.
- Miksa M*, Das P*, Zhou M, Wu R, Dong W, Ji Y, Goyert SM, Ravikumar TS, Wang P (2009): Pivotal role of the alpha(2A)- adrenoceptor in producing inflammation and organ injury in a rat model of sepsis. PLoS One. 4(5):e5504 (*Equal First author).
- Das P, Chopra M, Vastardies S, Kerns D, Sun Y and Sharma AC (2009): Age-dependent differential expression of apoptosis markers in the gingival tissues. Arch Oral Biol. 54(4): 329-36.
- Das P, Chopra M and Sharma AC (2008): Upregulation of myocardial syntaxin1A is associated with an early stage of polymicrobial sepsis. Mol Cell Biochem. 323(1-2): 61-8.
- Das P, Grewal JS, Chattopadhya B, and Chauhan VS (2007): In vitro cellular and humoral responses to recombinant protein and synthetic peptides of exon2 region of Plasmodium falciparum Erythrocyte Membrane Protein1 (PfEMP1). Parasitol International, 56(1): 51-9.
- Miksa M, Wu R, Cui X, Dong W, Das P, Simms HH, Ravikumar TS, Wang P. (2007): Vasoactive hormone adrenomedullin and its binding protein: anti-inflammatory effects by up-regulating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma. J Immunol, 179(9): 6263-72.
- Wu R, Zhou M, Das P, Dong W, Ji Y, Yang D, Miksa M, Zhang F, Ravikumar TS, Wang P (2007) :Ghrelin inhibits sympathetic nervous activity in sepsis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, 293(6): E1697-702.
- Das P, Grewal JS and Chauhan VS (2006): Plasmodium falciparum histidine rich protein II inhibits human lymphocyte activation and rosette formation with sheep erythrocytes. Parasitology Research, 100(1): 39-50.
- Miksa M, Wu R, Weifeng D, Das P, Yang D, and Wang P (2006): Dendritic cell (DC)-derived exosomes containing milk fat globule epidermal growth factor-factor VIII attenuate proinflammatory responses in sepsis. Shock, 25(6): 586-93.
- Zhou M, Das P, Simms HH, and P Wang (2005): Gut-derived norepinephrine plays an important role in upregulating IL-1beta and IL-10. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1740(3): 446-52.
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi