Postgraduate Program - Master of Public Health (MPH)
As per World Health Organization “Public health refers to all organized measures (whether public or private) to prevent disease, promote health, and prolong life among the population as a whole. Its activities aim to provide conditions in which people can be healthy and focus on entire populations, not on individual patients or diseases.” All professionals who are currently involved in or are aspiring for a career in developing, improving and innovating programmes, services and policies focused at promoting the health of the population, should have thorough knowledge of the public health discipline. Master of Public Health (MPH) is such a programme, designed specifically for providing necessary knowledge and skills for this very purpose.
The MPH programme conducted by AIPH University
- Provides a holistic learning environment where students, teachers and facilitators drawn from various academic disciplines can enrich one another with their diverse domain expertise and experience
- Provides mentorship and knowledge transfer from members of faculty who have rich public health experience, having worked in various public health programmes at local, regional, national and international levels
- Fosters a culture of critical analysis of existing knowledge and generation of robust evidence in public health using rigorous well-accepted scientific research methodologies
- Provides flexibility of developing sub-specialties by offering wide choice of elective subjects
- Imparts hands-on training by exposing students to ongoing public health programmes and/or by providing internship opportunities for students, depending on suitability of candidates to the openings in institutional as well as external public health projects.
- Exposes students to state-of-the-art public health laboratories with most modern technologies, such as Xpert MTB/Rif machine for diagnosis of TB, which is currently being promoted by World Health Organization for National Tuberculosis Control Programmes.
- And most importantly preparesoutgoing MPH students for sustainable and fulfilling career in various domains of public health at Department of Health, National Health Mission, international developmental partners, Non-governmental organizations, research institutes and universities (please visit our alumni page to explore the post-MPH profiles of AIPH graduates).
The MPH degree programme offered by AIPH University is a two-year (full-time) programme consisting of four semesters. The Internship (at the end of the second semester) and dissertation (fourth semester) provide students with opportunities to conduct field surveys and work in projects with various public health organizations and entities. A summary of courses offered is given below.
|Sl. No.||Paper Code||Course Title||Credits|
|01||MPH501||Principles and Practices in Public Health
|04||MPH504||Principles of social research methods||02|
|05||MPH505||Demography and Population Sciences||02|
|06||MPH507||Introduction to health system and policy in developing countries||02|
|07||MPH508||Infectious Disease Epidemiology
|08||MPH509||Environmental and Occupational Health||03|
|09||MPH510||Health Management-management principles and practices||03|
|10||MPH511||Qualitative Research Methods||02|
|11||MPH512||Law and ethics in public health||02|
|12||MPH513||Introduction to health program evaluation||03|
Technologies for population health
|Sl. No.||Paper Code||SEMESTER III
|15||MPH601||Health Promotion approaches and methods of evaluation||02|
|RMNCH and Adolescent Health-Sexual and Reproductive Health
Social and behavior change, effective communication in health care
|18||MPH604||Introduction to Health Economics||2.5|
|19||MPH605||Non-communicable disease epidemiology||02|
|Strategic management and entrepreneurship in healthcare
Health policy, planning and process
|Effective advocacy and communication in public health
Introduction to financial management and budgeting
|Total semesters = 4; Total papers = 24; Total credits = 60|
- A student shall be eligible to apply for admission to MPH course if he/she has completed a 3 years bachelor’s degree. Graduates with post graduate degree/diploma in a health related or equivalent discipline after completion of a minimum 3 years bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution/university, graduates with Medical/ Para-medical degree or graduates with work experience in the field of public health will be given preference.
- Students appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. They are required to submit their qualifying degree certificate at the time of final admission.
- While fillig up the online application form the students who are appearing in the final qualifying examination, may give the marks/ CGPA of the last Semester for which the result has been published.
- The selection of the eligible candidates for admission to MPH program will be based on career marks and performance in the entrance examination.
Fees per year Rs. 150000/-
One time Admission Fees Rs. 10000/-
Master of Public Health (MPH) is a full time 2 years course
Selection is based on the academic credentials and performance in the Common Entrance Test
For further queries please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 7205074656 / 9938213237
|Online Application fees is Rs. 500/- (For SC/ST Application fees is Rs. 300/-)|
|Instruction for online application|
|Step-I: Make payment by clicking on the link given in the admission form|
|Step-II: Fill the form|
|Step-III: Upload the documents|
|a) Scanned Photograph: (File size not more than 100KB)|
|b) Scanned Signature: (File size not more than 50KB)|
|c) Scanned Last Educational Mark Sheet: (File size not more than 200KB)|
|d) Payment Receipt|
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi