At the end of the course, the students are expected to achieve proficiency as virologists and may choose to work in teaching or research. They may also opt to pursue additional training and go for higher studies. Virologist also play an important role in public health and can find career opportunities in government or health organizations. Virologists are employed in just about every industry; food, agriculture, pollution, bio-technology, and pharmaceuticals.
There is a well-equipped M.Sc. Practical Laboratory with Quant studio3 quantitative PCR, Microplate reader, Digital Weighing Balance, Laminar Air-flow hood, Compound Microscope with LED illumination, Bacteriological Incubator, Distillation Unit, Autoclave, Digital pH Meter, Hot Air Oven, Bactec 9050, PCR, Deep freezer -20 degree, Deep freezer -70, Deep freezer -80, Gel Electrophoresis unit, Machine, centrifuge, UV- Transilluminator and other allied instruments.
The university has a dedicated Biosafety level 3 (BSL3) facility equipped with Class2 B2 and Class 2 A2 laminar flow hoods and autoclave.
- A student shall be eligible to apply for admission to Virology course if he/she has held a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of life science (Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc) from a recognized institution/university.
- Students of BVSc., BAMS., BHMS and MBBS degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Students appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. However, they are required to submit their qualifying degree certificate at the time of final admission.
- While filling up the online application form, the students appearing in the final qualifying examination, may give the marks/ CGPA of the last Semester for which the result has been published.
- The selection of the eligible candidates for admission to Virology program will be based on career marks and performance in the entrance examination.
- Fees per semester Rs. 50000/-
- One-time Admission Fees Rs. 10000/-
- Master of Science (Virology) is a full time 2 years course
Selection is based on the academic credentials and performance in the Common Entrance Test
For further queries please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 7205074656 / 9938213237
|Online Application fees is Rs. 500/- (For SC/ST Application fees is Rs. 300/-)|
|Instruction for online application|
|Step-I: Make payment by clicking on the link given in the admission form|
|Step-II: Fill the form|
|Step-III: Upload the documents|
|a) Scanned Photograph: (File size not more than 100KB)|
|b) Scanned Signature: (File size not more than 50KB)|
|c) Scanned Last Educational Mark Sheet: (File size not more than 200KB)|
|d) Payment Receipt|
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi