MSc Life Sciences
The two year Post Graduate Program in Life Sciences is a multidisciplinary approach and designed to learn each and every aspect of bio sciences e.g. animal, plant and microbiology. Study of life activities requires basic learning of certain techniques. The programme gives an opportunity to learn and understand modern biological techniques involving biotechnology, recombinant DNA technology, instrumentation, tissue culture, computational biology. Life Science is one of the rewarding fields in science stream. There are a lot of broad career opportunities in the fields of biology, biomedical and life Sciences. Candidates who are opting for this course can be employed as skilled professionals in various premiere research institutes. Latest scientific tools and techniques can be learned and subsequently can be utilized to understand how living systems work. Life science also has a wide range of job opportunities in different areas such as material science, biomedical science, chemical and physical science and engineering. Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities. Graduates in Life Science can seek employment in healthcare industries such as pharmaceutical industries, medical research, genetic engineering, lab technology and pharmaceutical sales; food and dairy industry etc. This sector is an emerging branch of science with top areas of employment in leading multidisciplinary organizations.
Laboratory/Library Facilities: There is a well-equipped Laboratory with Digital Weighing Balance, Laminar Air-flow, Compound Microscope with LED illumination, Bacteriological Incubator, Water bath, Distillation Unit, Autoclave, Digital pH Meter, Hot Air Oven, Bactec 9050, PCR, Deep freezer -20 degree, Deep freezer -70, Deep freezer -80, Gel Electrophoresis unit, Vortex Machine, Hot plate, centrifuge, UV- Transiluminator and other necessary facilities. A Library exists that holds text/reference books relevant to the course curriculum.
- A student shall be eligible to apply for admission to Life Science course if he/she has completed a 3 years bachelor’s degree in life science subjects (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Environmental Science) from a recognized institution/university.
- Students appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. They are required to submit their qualifying degree certificate at the time of final admission.
- While fillig up the online application form the students who are appearing in the final qualifying examination, may give the marks/ CGPA of the last Semester for which the result has been published.
- The selection of the eligible candidates for admission to Life Sciences program will be based on career marks and performance in the entrance examination.
- Fees per year Rs. 100,000/-
- One time Admission Fee Rs. 10,000/-
- Master of Science (Life Sciences) is a full time 2 years course
Selection is based on the academic credentials and performance in the Common Entrance Test
For further queries please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 7205074656 / 9938213237
|Online Application fees is Rs. 500/- (For SC/ST Application fees is Rs. 300/-)|
|Instruction for online application|
|Step-I: Make payment by clicking on the link given in the admission form|
|Step-II: Fill the form|
|Step-III: Upload the documents|
|a) Scanned Photograph: (File size not more than 100KB)|
|b) Scanned Signature: (File size not more than 50KB)|
|c) Scanned Last Educational Mark Sheet: (File size not more than 200KB)|
|d) Payment Receipt|
For Further Information
2934 Nageswar Tangi